Saturday, May 22, 2010

35. an unrelated blog i like to follow...yet related

i sometimes need motivation to stay on my "green" and healthy lifestyle. i really like Green and Crunchy. i was reading a post today about how products we "think" are safe are still full of carcinogenics. boo. did you know that one third of all personal care products contain one or more ingredients classified as possible human carcinogens. for anyone who is interested, green and curnchy provides a link to ONEgroup which explores this and offers safe alternatives.

here is another interesting link i got from green and crunchy's blog post: http://thinkbeforeyoupink.org/



Fast Food for the Cure?

With their new “Buckets for the Cure” campaign, KFC and Susan G. Komen for the Cure are telling us to buy unhealthy food to cure a disease that kills women. It’s preposterous! Read our response to the campaign.

Make no mistake–every pink bucket purchase will do more to benefit KFC’s bottom line than it will to cure breast cancer. Tell KFC and Susan G. Komen for the Cure to rethink this pinkwashing partnership.

the above blip shows why i sometimes find the pink ribbon campaign so nauseating!

4 comments:

  1. KFC = gross. I hate when these big corporations try to cash in on "issues".

    BTW, your "toobs" look fantastic, I'm jealous! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry lain. i will let you touch them whenever you want.

    lol...just a note to others reading this...lain is my bff and has been with me every step of the way including being there when i had my first biopsy 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - not sure if it's just me, but part of the text is cut off, so I'm not sure what the KFC thing is all about. It could be my browser, but it seems to be working okay in other places...

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey teri. i fixed it! thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete